Hexagon Geospatial’s Commitment to OGC/ISO Interoperability
In our rapidly expanding industry, there is a growing need for standards-based geospatial data management solutions. These innovative solutions deploy spatial data infrastructures (SDI) and manage the lifecycle of enterprise data. When enhanced with Open Geospatial Consortium and International Organization for Standardization (OGC/ISO) interoperability, these solutions are fully equipped to empower users, making systems more flexible and accessible, therefore driving ROI for the enterprise.
The OGC is an international industry consortium of over 350 companies, government agencies and universities developing and establishing common interfaces that "geo-enable" the Web and mainstream information technology (IT).
ISO Technical Committee (TC) 211 Geographic information/Geomatics is responsible for standardizing digital geographic information. These standards may specify methods, tools and services for geographic data management, and acquiring, processing, analyzing, accessing, presenting and transferring such data in digital/electronic form between different users, systems and locations.
As a Principal Plus Member of the OGC and actively involved in the ISO, Hexagon Geospatial proves its commitment to interoperability. Hexagon Geospatial's areas of involvement in the OGC are highlighted below:
- Technical Member of the OGC since 1999
- Co-author of multiple OGC specifications (including WMS, WFS, WCS, Catalog, Context, GML)
- Seat at OGC Planning Committee since 2002
- Chair of the OGC Europe Group since 2003
- Member of the OGC Board of Directors since 2005-2008
Hexagon Geospatial's involvement in the ISO/TC 211 is outlined below:
- Contributor to ISO/TC 211 working groups
- Project Leader for ISO 19142 (WFS) and ISO 19143 (Filter Editing)
- Head of Belgian delegation at ISO/TC 211
- Liaison Officer from ISO/TC 211 to United Nations Geographic Information Working Group (UNGIWG) and to European Space Agency (ESA)
Hexagon Geospatial is continually enhancing the company's technological developments to provide more extensive enterprise solutions to the larger marketplace. Additionally, Hexagon Geospatial is excited to leverage its standards-based interoperability, offering its image processing, exploitation and sensor expertise to the larger OGC/ISO vendor community, collaborating to provide our customers with multi-vendor, fully interoperable enterprise solutions.