GeoMedia: Dynamic GIS Mapping Software for a Changing World
Maps present data visually, allowing people to infer information about their subjects. Making the information-gathering process easier— making a good map—requires powerful analytical tools and clear symbolization. Dynamic GIS mapping software like GeoMedia combines tabular and geographic data to produce actionable information.
GeoMedia is offered within the PRODUCER SUITE of the Power Portfolio. The Producer Suite empowers you to collect, process, analyze and understand raw geospatial data, and ultimately deliver usable information. This includes Hexagon Geospatial’s desktop-based GIS, remote sensing, and photogrammetry offerings.
FLEXIBLE & DYNAMIC GIS Mapping SoftwareGeoMedia is a powerful, flexible GIS management platform that lets you aggregate data from a variety of sources and analyze them in unison to extract clear, actionable information. It provides simultaneous access to geospatial data in almost any form and displays it in a single unified map view for efficient processing, analysis, presentation, and sharing. GeoMedia’s functionality makes it ideal for extracting information from an array of dynamically changing data to support making informed, smarter decisions.
SUPERIOR DATA ACCESS
GeoMedia gives you the freedom to spend less time trying to connect to your data so you can focus on what you want to achieve with it. GeoMedia is a leading GIS software choice among users who want to connect directly to the spatially- enabled databases they already use—such as Oracle, SQL Server, and PostGIS data server—without using importers or converters. Additionally, GeoMedia can access many common geospatial file formats, most computer-aided design (CAD) formats (MicroStation and AutoCAD), Esri’s ArcView and File GeoDatabase, KML, simple text files, and OGC web services such as WMS, WMTS, and WFS. GeoMedia also includes an ERDAS APOLLO catalog explorer to spatially search, find and display image data directly in the map window.
DATA VALIDATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
GeoMedia offers a multitude of options for ensuring the data you add to your GIS is high quality and that it remains that way during its lifespan.
GeoMedia streamlines the addition of large volumes of data to your enterprise database, ensures the data meets your standards for completeness (attributes are populated and geometry is valid), and matches the data model your organization uses. It lets you ingest and integrate multiple data sources with differing schemas into a single, high-quality source.
Once data has been incorporated, GeoMedia can monitor and control changes, allowing you to see specific changes made by users, and establish a quality assurance checkpoint before the database is updated. It also facilitates resolution of any conflicting or ambiguous changes.
GeoMedia provides smart feature modeling capabilities that recognize the relationships between features representing real-world objects in a network, such as sewer, water, electric, or gas assets. By recognizing those relationships during the editing process, GeoMedia increases operator productivity and helps ensure that edits are consistent with real-world business rules so the network is always represented correctly within your GIS. It also provides temporal query and visualization capabilities that enable you to pinpoint network changes that have occurred over time and analyze the possible causes and real-world implications.
SOPHISTICATED, DYNAMIC ANALYSISGeoMedia gives you the power to perform sophisticated analysis to extract information from data stored in multiple databases on different platforms and a variety of different files, all at once. It also enables you to create queries of unlimited intricacy, creating and concatenating queries together so that the results of one query feed into another query dynamically.
As the data changes, GeoMedia updates the results for you automatically, giving you a living picture of the real-life situations portrayed by your data. This capability can also be used to conduct powerful “what-if” analyses for strategic planning.
While competing GIS platforms may allow the same type of analytical concatenation as GeoMedia, they rely on the creation of intermediate files to accomplish the same result. As one query is executed, the results are stored in a temporary file, and the data in that file is used for the following query. If the original data changes, the GIS cannot automatically reflect those changes in the results it gives you. With this static approach, you have to rerun the entire analysis to obtain results that reflect the current state of the data.
Due to these unique analysis advantages, GeoMedia is the ideal platform to manage linear networks that are the mainstay of agencies who operate and maintain roads, railroads, transit, pipelines, and waterways.
These analysis capabilities allow you to track information about your network and perform specialized analyses to help make better decisions about public safety, maintenance priorities, and the expenditure of funds. GeoMedia supports the maintenance and analysis of both single and multi-level linear referenced and routing networks. Its multi-level linear referenced system (MLRS) supports multiple geometric representations of a network synchronized with event data and other information to ensure valid analyses.
Whenever you need to find a location or address as part of your analysis, GeoMedia’s address geocoding and matching is fast and accurate and works with your data regardless of where you are in the world. GeoMedia lets you properly identify a location within your street network using both rooftop and centerline models.
GeoMedia supports a wide range of coordinate reference systems from around the world and seamlessly performs on- the-fly transformation of both vector and raster data into the CRS you choose for your map.
NEW! SPATIAL MODELER IN GEOMEDIA
In addition to ERDAS IMAGINE, GeoMedia now also delivers Spatial Modeler for visually authoring simple to complex workflows using raster and feature operations. Many capabilities, some only available using GeoMedia or GeoMedia Image Commands, can now be used with Spatial Modeler to process files, data, or other information that previously required programming or building GeoMedia custom commands.
Productivity and accuracy are essential aspects of vector feature capture and editing for enterprise geospatial databases. GeoMedia provides focused functionality for the creation, manipulation, and maintenance of geospatial information. It supports the essential, day-to-day operations required to maintain map information.
GeoMedia makes it easy for organizations with a large number of users to work with data productively. You can easily share geospatial content inside a department or enterprise. If your department has standards for styling, text properties, or structured analysis and queries, a supervisor can ensure consistency throughout the group by specifying those standards and queries, centralizing them, and sharing them.
GeoMedia’s easy-to-use graphical user interface is well- organized and streamlined to minimize mouse movement and button clicks, increasing productivity and reducing costs.
GeoMedia lets you modify and customize aspects of the interface, which makes it easier to optimize specific workflows. Individuals can also tailor the user interface to their particular needs and purposes. You can also hide parts of the interface, uncluttering the viewable work area and enabling faster recognition and access to work functions and tools.
ONE CONNECTED SOLUTION
GeoMedia connects the entire geospatial Power Portfolio of products to comprise a seamless, complete solution to geo-enable your enterprise.
GeoMedia is available in three product tiers. These tiers enable you to acquire the functionality you need. It also allows you to more easily adjust the scope of the software to match your GIS management needs, analysis requirements, and budget.
Enables you to query and analyze a wide variety of geospatial data sources. It also includes IMAGINE Essentials, giving you the ability to do simple image preparation.
It has all the functionality of GeoMedia Essentials and is excellent for data collection and editing, processing and analyzing elevation and terrain data including LiDAR, and it includes data validation and sophisticated raster analysis tools. Four commands that were previously available only in the GeoMedia Professional tier are also now available in the GeoMedia Advantage tier: Insert Area by Face, Insert Interactive Area by Face, Dimensions, and Insert Dimensions.
It includes all of the features of the previous tiers and provides enterprise-wide, multi-user data management and analysis. Manage linear networks, produce professional cartographic maps, conduct advanced feature editing, manage parcel holdings, conduct utility network analysis, monitor and control changes, integrate data from multiple sources, design and use spatial models, and assure overall data quality with GeoMedia Professional.
Hexagon Geospatial offers additional capabilities to expand the core capabilities of the GeoMedia tiers.
- GeoMedia Transportation Manager provides tools to help professionals in municipalities, airports, seaports, departments of transportation (DOTs), rail companies,waterway agencies, and pipeline operations efficiently analyze their transportation infrastructure. This includes capabilities for tracking network information and performing specialized analyses. In addition, users can build a linear network model supporting both multi- level linear referencing system (MLRS) and vehicle routing applications. (GeoMedia Professional Tier Only)
- GeoMedia Mapping Manager enables enhanced cartographic capabilities and GIS mapping automation to produce map series products and construct cartographically accurate map products. (GeoMedia Professional Tier Only)
- GeoMedia 3D enables 3D visualization in GeoMedia. It addresses the increasing demand for realistic three- dimensional views of geospatial data by adding a 3D map window through which you can visualize, navigate, analyze, and interact with 3D data in GeoMedia. The GeoMedia 3D map window blends seamlessly into the GeoMedia interface, permitting complete and simultaneous access to all GeoMedia’s standard 2D analysis capabilities. (All GeoMedia Tiers)
- GeoMedia Motion Video Analyst Professional integrates full motion video into the geospatial environment by dynamically projecting video over GIS data. (All GeoMedia Tiers).
- GeoMedia Image provides advanced image enhancement, registration, extract, and save capabilities.
- GeoMedia Image Professional provides a superset of GeoMedia Image, including many additional commands and an integrated high-performance electronic light table application.
- ImageStation Stereo for GeoMedia enhances the feature collection capabilities of GeoMedia by providing a stereo map window for the display of imagery and 3D feature data with smooth roam, dynamic zoom, and on-the-fly image enhancement.
- ImageStation DTM for GeoMedia provides a set of tools to collect and edit terrain data to generate surface files for photogrammetric, mapping, and engineering workflows.
- ImageStation OrthoPro provides a high-throughput ortho production system that includes ortho project planning, orthorectification, tone balancing, mosaicking, true ortho capability, automatic seam line generation, and quality assessment.
- ImageStation PixelQue provides tools for checking and enhancing the quality of orthophotos and mosaics. It allows users to systematically review and mark up errors, to fix errors, and also to do image enhancements on an individual or project basis.
SEAMLESS GIS INTEGRATION
GeoMedia helps you easily unlock and understand the dynamic stream of real-world geospatial information that flows through your organization. It lets you conduct a variety of analyses, from the very simple to the very sophisticated, on data from disparate sources. It connects directly to the spatially-enabled databases already in use by your organization.
GeoMedia allows deep analysis and dynamically updates results. Its flexible tier and extensions structure allows you to tailor the system to your specific business requirements. GeoMedia enables you to create intelligent, intuitive maps, unleashing the information locked in your data, making it easier to make informed, smarter decisions.