JAVA Developer (M/F/O)
Location: Vienna, Austria
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — ensuring a scalable, sustainable future. Hexagon’s Geospatial division creates solutions that deliver a 5D smart digital reality with insight into what was, what is, what could be, what should be, and ultimately, what will be.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write geospatial software and develop APIs, working with large codebases and across different industries.
- Development and maintenance of highly-scalable Java applications (2D and 3D) as part of an agile software development team.
- Design the software architecture of the applications with our lead developers
- Support us in choosing new tools and technologies
- Very good skills in Java
- Experience with Gradle / Maven, Swing / JavaFX, Junit / Mockito, Git
- Experience with web application frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue.js is a plus
- Database knowledge (e.g. Oracle / PostgreSQL / Microsoft SQL Server) is a benefit
- Solid technical education (computer science, software engineering) or experience to compensate for it
- Strong communication skills
- Great team player, reliable coworker and enthusiastic innovator
What We Offer You
- Have a great impact on our product, future development process and utilized tech stack
- Dynamic culture and flat hierarchy
- Opportunity to experiment with any new technologies and tools
- Flexible working hours with high focus on a good Work-Life-Balance
Want to take a look behind the scenes? Watch #MyGeoStory about some of our employees.
If you are looking for a job in a technically minded setting don´t hesitate to send us your application (either in German or English) by using the reference number 22/2020. Don´t forget to mention your salary expectations and your possible start date.
Please send your documents to:
Division Hexagon Geospatial
Margaretenstr. 70/I/1, 1050 Wien
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us by email email@example.com or by phone +49 89 / 96106 – 4719.
For data protection reasons, we recommend that you send us your application documents encrypted. You can find our data protection statement here: Applicant Data Protection Statement.