Lead Designer - Hexagon Geospatial
Locations: Norcross, Georgia USA; or Leuven, Belgium
Hexagon Geospatial is looking for a Lead Graphic Designer. The person in this role will be responsible for working with Hexagon’s Corporate team to create the vision for the brand of the company. The Lead Graphic Designer will oversee every aspect of design produced by the in-house design team and guide the creative process. This role is also responsible for maintaining and evolving the company’s branding guidelines and ensuring that all design created meet the guidelines and are of the highest quality. This role will work closely with Events, PR, Communications, Content, Product Marketing, Campaign Creation, Executives and other teams to create holistic design plans that support a global marketing team.
- Conceptualize and design assets for projects across design disciplines, including branding/identity, print, illustration, environments, website, collateral, advertising, photography and art direction
- Maintain and evolve our design standards and guidelines to create a modern and visually stunning brand that represents our innovative and powerful technology
- Present creative concepts/design and communicate rationale to cross-functional teams, while also giving effective feedback and direction to other team members
- Design and maintain templates for collateral including product sheets, case studies, whitepapers, banners, ads, brochures, etc.
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Product Managers and Content Creators to design for product release cycles, including splash screens, promotional documentation, and collateral
- Design emails, landing pages, newsletters, and forms in Pardot to support global marketing campaigns
- Maintain relationships with advertisers, agencies and vendors, gather quotes, manage font licensing for external parties, and proof final designs to ensure that our creative assets and guidelines are properly executed on any design material generated outside the company
- Design strategy, planning and execution for HxGN LIVE, Hexagon’s annual conference, and other smaller events and tradeshows including the keynotes delivered by Hexagon’s leadership, signage, presentations, visuals for product and industry demos, environment design for the ZONE (demo area), and design of all marketing and communications leading up to and following the events
- Create storyboards for and execute the production (in-house or with agency) of videos that demonstrate our technology, infographic videos, customer stories, and much more
- Work closely with executives to design presentations and infographics to demonstrate the capabilities of our technology in a visually stunning and easy to understand way
- Design and maintain a system of libraries of company logos and creative assets, product logos, icons, fonts, templates, photography, videos, etc.
- Be a gatekeeper for all incoming design requests from multiple teams, assign work among the design team, and proof all final work to ensure it is of the highest quality
- 3-5 years as a graphic designer with experience in branding/identity, marketing, environments, and events
- Degree in Design, Communications, Marketing or related field
- A stunning portfolio that demonstrates your conceptual, strategic, technical, and creative proficiency
- Passionate graphic designer and storyteller with a knack for designing compelling visuals, iconography, typography, layouts, and infographics
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with holistic brand identity development and can take big ideas and produce through each phase of development, from ideation to execution and delivery
- Highly collaborative with other designers and non-designers alike, and know how to take direction from non-design stakeholders and translate their business needs into a design aesthetic that motivates our audiences
- Has the ability to work on multiple projects with changing priorities, manage time in an efficient manner and implement feedback from others
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Fluency with designing for Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Experience working with Pardot
- Basic HTML/CSS skills to create email templates, landing pages, etc.
- Art Direction and experience with photography and editing software such as Lightroom
- Experience with Video editing – Camtasia, iMovie, After Effects, Premier, Final Cut Pro etc.
- We have a bottom-up approach, so your input and ideas will always play a crucial role on our company’s bottom-line
- You will quickly see the impact of your work in real-life, not just in reports
- You will enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment, without rigid processes & long approval flows
- We are a highly talented international team of top-notch experts and learn from each other everyday