Project Accountant Germany/Austria
Location: Warsaw, Poland
We are searching for a candidate for the Project Accountant position in our office Warsaw, Poland, at earliest possible date.
Individuals will perform standard tasks related to project accounting tasks (prepare, analyze and summarize information relative to implementation of service projects) for German and Austrian contracts, also will assist and support the country management team.
Duties will include
- Complete financial ownership of the service projects through its entire life-cycle
- Working directly with PMs (Project Manager) in respect of set up and continued maintenance of the project cost including labour, products and contingency budgets
- Contract review for financial information and reporting requirements
- Monitor the status of resource allocation in PM’s project schedule (MS Project Server), compare to financial estimates in Project Accounting
- Responsibility to ensure that the proper revenue recognition requirements and valuations have been applied to the contract and are reviewed for any changes that occur over the project lifecycle
- Work directly with the PM’s and FP&A to ensure that the financial impact of contract changes are known and communicated
- Prepare Journal entries and run month-end project cycle per the close calendar
- Advise management team if there are issues that have been communicated regarding a project
- Ensure that there is financial integrity to the reported project financials
- Support Regional Finance Managers in all project related audit work
- Support Revenue Recognition according to IFRS revenue standard IFRS 15
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or business-related degree (minimum)
- Two or more years on the job experience related to accounting or finance functions will be a plus
- Relevant experience in a technology or software and services industry a plus
- Strong English and German speaking and writing capability
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience with MS Project and MS Project Server a plus
- Overall knowledge of general accounting mandatory
- Ability to understand contract language
- Ability to interact and communicate well with all levels of an organization including executive level management team
- Prior Project Accounting, Contract knowledge and/or Microsoft Great Plains knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of POC (Percent of Completion) and T&M accounting a plus
- Knowledge of revenue recognition policies under IFRS/US GAAP or both a plus
We Offer You
- Working in an international team with strong cooperation with German Management teams (Sales, Project and Finance Managers)
- Attractive salary
- Sports package and private health care
- Group life insurance
- Good working atmosphere
- Stable employment contract of employment
This call for applications is addressed to all suitable applicants regardless of age, gender, disability, religion, belief, ethnic origin or sexual identity.
Send your application by e-mail: email@example.com
Please add to your application the clause below:
“I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document, including the image, for realizing the recruitment process at Intergraph Polska Sp. z o.o., 40 Stawki St, 01-040 Warsaw. I acknowledge that the above consent may be withdrawn at any time. " Note: this consent is necessary to participate in the recruitment process.
For data protection reasons, we recommend that you send us your application documents encrypted. You can find our data protection statement here: Applicant Data Protection Statement.
Hexagon’s Safety, Infrastructure & Geospatial division improves the resilience and sustainability of the world’s critical services and infrastructure. Our solutions turn complex data about people, places and assets into meaningful information and capabilities for better, faster decision-making in public safety, utilities, defense, transportation and government.