R&D Full-Stack Software Engineer
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — ensuring a scalable, sustainable future. Hexagon’s Geospatial division creates solutions that deliver a 5D smart digital reality with insight into what was, what is, what could be, what should be, and ultimately, what will be.
In this international, high tech environment, we are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join the R&D team in Leuven, Belgium.
Want to be part of a strong R&D team?
The R&D team in Leuven is at the core of the Luciad product portfolio, a suite of geospatial visualization and analysis software components. As an R&D Software Engineer, you are part of a 20+ team that creates software for high performance visualization and analysis of any kind of geospatial data: air traffic, maritime charts, 3D laser scans, weather maps, detailed multi-spectral satellite imagery, etc. We use computer graphics technologies, applied mathematics, web technology and of course plenty of software development technologies and best practices.
Some examples of questions we were recently tasked with:
- Build a solution that can access laser-scanned point clouds with billions of points in a browser.
- Research the application of augmented and virtual reality technology to enhance air traffic control operations.
- Show live high-resolution radar streams with low latency.
Do you have a passion for technology and love code writing?
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer with the following profile:
- You obtained a university degree in informatics or computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- You possess strong knowledge of object-oriented design & development.
- You contribute to all development aspects: planning, analysis, design, architecture, implementation, testing, documentation, support and maintenance.
- Experience with OpenGL / OpenCL or WebGL is considered a plus.
- You are a team player with a heart for agile software development. You are focused on quality and take ownership of your team’s work.
- You live in Belgium and in addition to English, fluent in at least one other European language.
Join a dynamic SME culture in an international context
- You will be welcomed in an international high-tech company, with highly skilled colleagues where diversity is our key factor of success;
- We have a great team which you will not only support but who will also inspire and support you;
- Every day will be unique thanks to the variety of responsibilities and tasks;
- We are enthusiastic to have people on board with long-term career prospects and welcome everyone who has the ability and desire to grow and develop their skills with education and training;
- Our open culture and environment value hard work and efforts by offering interesting benefits, sharing knowledge, inspiring people and having fun at the workplace!
Are you interested? Thank you for sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org