R & D Release Engineer
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — ensuring a scalable, sustainable future. Hexagon’s Geospatial division creates solutions that deliver a 5D smart digital reality with insight into what was, what is, what could be, what should be, and ultimately, what will be.
In this international, high tech environment, we are looking for a Release Engineer to join the R&D team in Leuven, Belgium.
Want to be part of a strong R&D team?
The R&D team in Leuven is at the core of the Luciad product portfolio, a suite of geospatial situational awareness software components. Our components simplify the lives of developers and end users with advanced visual analytics that allow them to unlock the potential of real time location intelligence and create the foundations for next generation geospatial systems.
As a release engineer, you closely work with the R&D software engineering teams to make sure that their code gets integrated into high-quality, ready-to-release products. You manage the required infrastructure (VCS, CI, …) as well as the process to create and verify product releases. Additionally, you develop and implement a vision on release engineering modernization plans in cooperation with R&D stakeholders.
Do you have experience in managing a software release process?
We are looking for a Release Engineer with the following profile:
- Professional experience with managing a release process from code to a ready-to-deliver product (infrastructure management, builds, quality assurance).
- Familiarity and affinity with DevOps practices.
- Good understanding of Linux, MacOS and Windows.
- University degree in informatics or computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- A team player with a heart for agile software development.
- Experience with database administration is considered a plus.
- Experience with virtualization and cloud computing is considered a plus.
- Lives in Belgium and in addition to English, fluent in at least one other European language.
You will take up the following tasks:
- Manage the code and test infrastructure, including a VCS (Mercurial) and CI software (Jenkins) running unit tests, integration tests and benchmarks on a variety of platforms.
- Implement a quality assurance process to assure high-quality product releases. Define and organize acceptance tests (reviews, API tests, regression tests, …) for new product capabilities across the R&D team.
- Propose, revise & implement release engineering improvements in agreement with R&D team stakeholders.
Join a dynamic SME culture in an international context
- You will be welcomed in an international high-tech company, with highly skilled colleagues where diversity is our key factor of success;
- We have a great team which you will not only support but who will also inspire and support you;
- Every day will be unique thanks to the variety of responsibilities and tasks;
- We are enthusiastic to have people on board with long-term career prospects and welcome everyone who has the ability and desire to grow and develop their skills with education and training;
- Our open culture and environment value hard work and efforts by offering interesting benefits, sharing knowledge, inspiring people and having fun at the workplace!
Are You Interested in this Vacancy?
Please send your application documents to:
Gaston Geenslaan 11
+32 16 23 95 91