R&D Software Engineer (C++ / C# / .NET), Belgium
The Luciad R&D Team is looking for C++ / C# / .NET Software Engineers to join Luciad in Leuven, Belgium.
Are you eager to develop your skills? Do you have a passion to solve development challenges? Want to join a Worldwide Leader?
Want to be part of a strong R&D team?
R&D Software Engineering is at the core of Luciad's suite of geospatial situational awareness software components. Collaborating with world-leading experts, you perform the necessary research to stay at the forefront of your domain, and invest your creativity into the design and development of leading software products. You apply state-of-the-art techniques in the domains of object-oriented methodology, computer graphics, applied mathematics and web technology.
For this position, you will be part of a team that works on core geospatial and rendering technology and that brings this technology to C++ and C#/.NET developers through a well-designed API and a beautiful UI.
Are you a master with C++ and/or C# / .NET?
We are looking for people with the following profile:
- Software engineer with a heart for C++ and C# / .NET development.
- University degree in computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented techniques and design patterns.
- Proven knowledge of C++ and C# application frameworks such as Qt, WPF and WinForms.
- Experience with graphics APIs such as OpenGL and DirectX is considered a plus.
- Experience with GIS is considered a plus.
- A team player with a heart for agile software development.
- Lives in Belgium and in addition to English, fluent in at least one other European language.
Who is Luciad?
Luciad delivers geospatial software solutions that power the world’s mission critical operations. Our applications simplify the lives of developers and end users with advanced visual analytics that allow them to unlock the potential of real time location intelligence and create the foundations for next generation geospatial systems.
From safeguarding critical assets to creating the digital infrastructure for smart cities, we help users implement intuitive command and control systems. Our customers depend on Luciad for high performance visualization that allows them to implement scalable solutions.