Sales Account Manager - Commercial Accounts / Private Sector
Location: Auckland, New Zealand or Melbourne, Australia
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — ensuring a scalable, sustainable future. Hexagon’s Geospatial division creates solutions that deliver a 5D smart digital reality with insight into what was, what is, what could be, what should be, and ultimately, what will be.
We are expanding our Commercial Sales Team and looking for a smart, fun, and technology-minded sales professional with experience in software sales and account management who can help us continue the growth of our Google technology business in Australia & New Zealand.
We are looking for a results-driven individual who will successfully execute their own individual sales strategy that focuses on the long term delivery of Google Maps and associated technologies to technology customers. The ideal candidate has a track record that excels in a fast-paced sales environment with teammates and possesses excellent self-organization skills. We are looking for someone with a passion for technology and with an ability to build positive, long term customer relationships. You will be joining an established team of experienced Sales Executives and Account Managers and will have access to resources and guidance to help you achieve and beat all your goals!
This position requires a proactive, communicative self-starter skilled in creating a close working relationship with prospects and key customers, as well as with Hexagon’s marketing and presales teams. You will be an integral member of our company, responsible for growing revenue in our Google technology business. Candidates should have experience with software subscription sales, with preference given to those with experience in selling into retail, finance, banking, insurance or real estate. An understanding of how to sell pay-as-you-go models is imperative, with Google-based sales preferred. You will need to also be exceptionally responsive to customers’ business needs, challenges and expectations, with excellent presentation skills. You will preferably be a graduate within a Business-related field and be able to demonstrate that you are a high energy, motivated self-starter.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aggressively lead sales engagements, generating leads and building pipeline with strong opportunities
- Work with prospects to develop strong business solution cases, coupled with solid closing skills
- Establish long term dialog with customers to support their businesses and cultivate and grow their usage of SaaS software over time
- Interface with our partners at Google to build relationships and to keep up to date with all the latest solutions they bring to market
- Develop a deep understanding of Google’s Maps and Cloud platforms, pricing models, and business practices
- Ability to accurately forecast and meet/surpass revenue targets
- Create & maintain strategic account plans
- Stay abreast of the geospatial technology landscape (GIS, imagery, etc.) as well as key common use cases for enterprise mapping solutions
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and business ethics
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Proven record of successfully selling
- Ability to work against an annual new business and account growth goal
- 5+ years of software/technology sales working in a fast-paced, team-driven environment; must be able to show that sales goals were met or exceeded
- Possess a results-oriented approach and can balance a "take charge" attitude with teamwork and collaboration
- Familiarity with modern technology and software development via mobile apps, web apps; strong understanding of how software APIs are leveraged in the development process
- Proven ability to work with both simple and complex customer solution use cases
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise sales briefings/meetings
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Proficient with social media tools, Salesforce.com, and G Suite
- Strong attention to detail and personal accountability
- Experience selling into vertical industries is a major plus, including: Retail, Finance, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate. Other applicable industries include Utilities, Mining, Transportation, Business Intelligence, and Asset Tracking
Additional Desired Skills
- 3+ years of experience with Google partner ecosystem and/or technology
- Experience with sales of products that have metered, consumption based pricing on a pay-as-you-go model
We Offer You
We offer interesting and challenging work, a comprehensive benefits package, and a commitment to your professional development and personal achievement. If you have a great attitude and a passion for sales and thrive in an environment that is challenging yet rewarding, you should consider a sales career with Hexagon.
This position is open to all suitable candidates regardless of age, gender, disability, religion, belief, ethnic origin or sexual identity.
Are You Interested in this vacancy?
We are looking forward to receiving your full application documents.
Thank you for sending your resume to email@example.com
For data protection reasons, we recommend that you send us your application documents encrypted. You can find our data protection statement here: Applicant Data Protection Statement.