Location: Perth, Australia
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — ensuring a scalable, sustainable future. Hexagon’s Geospatial division creates solutions that deliver a 5D smart digital reality with insight into what was, what is, what could be, what should be, and ultimately, what will be.
You will be a competent Technical Support Engineer with exceptionally strong logical problem solving and communication skills, responsible for providing timely solutions to reported issues on remote sensing software.
You will be working with a dynamic team of support engineers across the globe, responsible for the APAC region from our Perth CBD location. You will provide ongoing and pro-active maintenance and solution of known customer issues and keep customers and internal stakeholder alike well-informed, establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships.
The ideal candidate must be able to work both independently and collectively with Hexagon divisions across the region and globe.
- Provide technical support and resolve problems for existing customers with regards to Remote Sensing.
- Collaborate with global support team and the product development team in order to provide timely solutions and/or workarounds for reported issues.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and updates to customers around known issues, provide solutions pro-actively.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative and supportive relationship with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities, informing and working with Sales and Pre-sales teams to verify.
- Identify customer training needs to create opportunity for Sales and Pre-sales teams.
- Conduct research into complex software-related issues and products to come up with creative solutions to meet customer expectations.
- Create training material and conduct product training across the APAC region.
Skills and Abilities
- Adaptable - quick learner and flexible with regards to understanding new technologies and requirements.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with competing deadlines.
- Autonomous and able to work with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and able to develop distinctive methods of completing tasks.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships as well as work independently.
- A natural 'helper' and able to display a friendly and cooperative manner, team-orientation and dependability in dealing with customer issues.
- Delivery and outcome focused, willing to drive issues to resolution and to take on responsibility when tackling new challenges.
- Creative thinking and problem solving to develop unconventional approach and ideas to resolve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential to this role.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree in Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, Geoinformatics, Computer Science or similar discipline.
- Knowledge and experience with Remote Sensing software such as ERDAS IMAGINE and/or ERMapper (or similar) will be highly advantageous and preferred.
- Challenging and diverse tasks with scope to develop our own ideas and positive experience.
- Dynamic culture and flat hierarchical structure.
- Work/Life balance supported by flexible working hours.
- Further learning & development opportunity at one of the world leaders in team-time location intelligence solution providers.
This role may require travel, both National and International.
Watch #MyGeoStory to hear more from our employees.
Sound like you? Want to hear more? Apply now by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.