Established in 1994, Planetek Italia employs professionals who are passionate and skilled in Geoinformatics, Space solutions, and Earth sciences. Planetek Italia's core business is based on information sciences and space technologies applied to land management and space exploration. As the Italian Hexagon Geospatial Premium Partner, their strong expertise in Hexagon Geospatial technologies enables them to support customers with customized solutions or designed training courses.
- San Marino
- Vatican City
- Government and Security
- Environmental and land-based professionals
- Energy and Oil and Gas
- Civil engineering
- Transport sector
- International governmental agencies and institutions
- Space sector
Planetek Italia provides solutions in the fields of urban planning, land, waters, sea and coastal monitoring and protection, defense and security, civil protection and emergency response, tourism, agriculture, fleet monitoring, infomobility, energy (oil and gas and renewable), infrastructure engineering, and transport (railways, roads).
Planetek Italia develops solutions for the observation of the Earth with remote sensing data from satellite, aircraft, and drones.
They maintain space system software for Earth observation and Planetary Exploration missions such as ERS, Envisat, COSMO-SkyMed, Mars Express, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Planck, and Solar Orbiter.
- Better understanding of the world. Planetek Italia simplifies the adoption of geospatial data in order to understand the world better, enabling people to act in an aware and timely manner in order to live better and preserve the earth.
- Innovative and sustainable solutions. Their adoption of Strategic Design (Design Thinking) through Agile and Dev-ops methodologies lets Planetek Italia satisfy their users' needs in creative ways that maximize benefit.
- Dependability. Since 1994, Planetek Italia has provided solutions to exploit the value of geospatial data through all phases of data life cycle from acquisition, storage, management up to analysis and sharing.
- Broad areas of expertise. Planetek Italia operates in many application areas ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, and including defense and security, as well as scientific missions and planetary exploration.
Geospatial solutions for crime control
The SIMP Canosa project provides an integrated service for the monitoring and prevention of urban and environmental crimes. The solution developed by Planetek Italia and Intergraph Italia LLC allows analysis and control of urbanization and the impact of other human activities in the Municipality of Canosa di Puglia urban and extra-urban areas.
SIMP Canosa combines satellite imagery, sensors, cameras, and citizen reports with geospatial intelligence to give officials and the police a synopsis of phenomena in their areas so they can process information and identify priorities. All of this is done in a very short time, enabling quick actions and effective interventions. The solution is based on Hexagon Geospatial software, base maps, Earth observation data collected on a regular basis, and external information sources, such as the Information System for the Environmental Protection of the Italian Police.
Users can create and maintain digital geolocated dossiers related to environmental crimes. The entire system operates from a control panel that is connected with municipal surveillance systems. Video streams from security cameras are captured and managed on a map, enabling storage and archiving of geotagged images noting the moment the crime is perpetrated.
For more information on SIMP Canosa visit http://www.planetek.it/eng/simp_canosa
Improved military targeting operations
Getting maximum detail from imagery and geoinformation data is crucial for Imagery intelligence activities. The 3D IMINT project will support the targeting operational activities of the Italian Armed Forces with extensive and innovative use of remote sensing data and new generation elaboration algorithms.
The solution designed by Planetek Italia uses Hexagon Geospatial ERDAS IMAGINE Professional, IMAGINE Expansion Pack, and SAR Interferometry add-on products. Workflows merge features extracted from SAR data to corresponding optical images to create a fused image providing a more complete real-time view. The workflows then superimpose changes between SAR images acquired before and after an event onto optical images to assess changes caused by the events.
For more information on 3D IMINT visit http://www.planetek.it/eng/3dimint
Planetek Italia used Hexagon Geospatial's Incident Analyzer to examine air quality readings and information in the city of Cagliari, Italy, for the years 2014 and 2015. Read more and view the Incident Analyzer demos to see how.
New and innovative ways to leverage the growing availability of SAR data in Italy for Defense and Intelligence applications were discussed in this workshop.