Transportation Safety Management
Analyze and Prioritize the Greatest-Risk Locations in Your Road Network
U.S. states and transportation agencies need to reduce the number of fatalities and severe crashes on their roads. But making the right investments to improve safety is challenging because agencies may rely on subjective measures. By analyzing crash and other data, agencies can determine problematic locations and better target improvements to those locations. The analyzed data is used to produce reports necessary for federal funding.
However, while transportation agencies may perform parts of the safety planning process, if their workflows are not integrated with a consistent data model, errors and inefficiencies can hinder the quality of analysis and proposed improvements.
Hexagon provides transportation safety engineers and analysts with an end-to-end solution for data ingestion, analysis, and reporting to reduce traffic fatalities and improve road safety. The solution enables data-driven decision making for targeting and ranking safety improvements and reporting on project priorities.
- Reduces data conversion errors and costs to increase staff productivity
- Improves data accuracy and quality for analysis, reporting, and diagnosis
- Visual verification and insight into problem locations
- Increases confidence for identifying at-risk locations and proposing improvement projects
- Ensures compliance with industry standards and federal regulations
- Reduces time and costs associated with implementing or rebuilding an information management system
- Improves crash data transparency and communication with officials, citizens, and regulators
- Seamlessly Fuse Crash, Network, and Inventory Data – Import your crash data directly from the Department of Public Safety with an automated process that incorporates up-to-date network changes and inventory data to generate accurate crash records.
- Automated Crash Record Cleansing – Easily update the locations and attributes of crash records with the Crash Data Cleansing tool. It also lets you track statistics such as crashes by county, and new or unresolved crashes. In addition, base maps can be configured to provide more accurate spatial context for crash locations.
- Network Screening for At-risk Locations – Identify your greatest-risk locations with several screening methods, such as sliding scale, homogeneous section, or homogeneous intersection. Results can include calculated attributes that can be configured by your administrator, such as Crash Cost.
- Analysis, Countermeasure Testing, and Priority Ranking – Cost-benefit calculations of potential countermeasures help you determine the proper and most cost-effective plan. Available configurations include digital elevation models, imagery, and LiDAR for true 3D digital reality diagnosis.
- Standard and Ad-hoc Reports and Custom Dashboards – Reports are easy to create with crash summaries, statistics, and standard and custom templates. HSIP reports and funding requests can be prepared and submitted to FHWA for your highest priority projects. Dashboards can be configured to visualize analysis results with map-centric BI charts and graphs.