M.App Programs for Education
Build the M.App of the Future
Hexagon’s Geospatial division invites students, professors, and research scientists to build the M.App of the future. Hexagon Smart M.Apps are not your ordinary static maps. These targeted information services combine fresh geospatial content and workflows to deliver an interactive experience that includes a map and a dashboard of insightful analytics. These services simultaneously connect to historical (static) data and dynamic (live) data sources.
Academic users can build Hexagon Smart M.Apps using M.App Portfolio, a cloud-based platform to design, build and host Hexagon Smart M.Apps and core geospatial web services for building geospatial cloud applications.
In the M.Apps program, academic organizations can select from several options:
- Smart M.Apps for Education Program
- M.App Enterprise for Education Program
- M.App X for Education Program
Smart M.Apps for Education Program
Everything you need to build your own Smart M.Apps is included in the Smart M.Apps for Education program.In addition, the program includes Hexagon’s Geospatial division product SDKs and HGDN specific parts of the Hexagon Geospatial Community. Using these development toolkits, anyone in academia can modify the commercial version of selected software products or develop entirely new applications to extend the capabilities of the software to meet specific project needs.
Annual subscriptions are available for:
- M.App Studio– Interactive, web-based workroom for designing, building and publishing Hexagon Smart M.Apps
- M.App Chest – Online geospatial content hosting and delivery service
- M.App Reader – Cloud-based viewer for online data holdings
- Feature Analyzer – Explore spatial patterns, analyze data, and create reports using interactive dashboard
- IMAGINE M.App Connect - Allows ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 and higher users to upload spatial recipes to the Smart M.App cloud
- Spatial Modeler SDK - C++ toolkit for building, modifying, and running workflows on geospatial data
- GeoMedia Objects - GIS and cartographic functions for building GIS solutions based on GeoMedia platform
- GeoMedia Smart Client and Workflow Manager - Build highly-constrained, map-based workflows for the office or the field
- Mobile SDK - Create and manage geospatial data and asset information in real-time in the field
- API Console - Experiment with M.App Foundation APIs
M.App Enterprise for Education Program
M.App Enterprise is an on-premises platform for creating geospatial apps for your organization. Data such as imagery, vector, and point clouds stored on an organization’s local server can be accessed and updated easily using desktop, browser, and mobile client types, depending on the requirements of users and business workflows. By creating purpose-built apps and deploying them across your organization, everyone can benefit from the shared access, interactivity, and dynamic, real-time answers.
M.App X for Education Program
Suitable for members of the GEOINT community who are studying military intelligence or imagery analysis, M.App X is a browser-based geospatial platform for users who want to process and analyze imagery in real time using GIS and remote sensing capabilities and without the heavy cost of high-end hardware and software. This high-performance application can support images in either map space or image space alignment. Working data is managed with a shoebox service, handling images, terrains, features, and annotations.
Built on decades of experience in providing image analysis capabilities, M.App X contains industry-specific tools and workflows for the GEOINT community and security organizations.