Smart M.Apps for EDU Education Program
Build the M.App of the Future
Hexagon Geospatial invites students, professors, and research scientists to build the M.App of the future. Hexagon Smart M.Apps are not your ordinary static maps – they are analytical services portrayed over a map.
M.App Portfolio is a cloud-based geospatial platform that can be used to design, build and host Hexagon Smart M.Apps and core geospatial web services for building geospatial cloud applications.
The Smart M.Apps for EDU program includes everything you need to build your own Smart M.App.
Smart M.Apps for EDU program also includes Hexagon Geospatial product SDKs and HGDN specific parts of the Hexagon Geospatial Community. Educators, researchers, and students can access Hexagon Geospatial's development toolkits to modify the commercial version of selected software products or develop entirely new applications to extend the capabilities of the software to meet specific project needs.
Classroom and Department TiersSmart M.App Classroom and Smart M.App Department tiers consist of annual subscriptions to:
- M.App Studio– Interactive, web-based workroom for designing, building and publishing Hexagon Smart M.Apps
- M.App Chest – Online geospatial content hosting and delivery service
- M.App Reader – Cloud-based viewer for online data holdings
- Incident Analyzer – Dynamic analysis on incident data using interactive dashboard
- Area Analyzer – Explore and discern spatial patterns in area-based data
- Network Analyzer – Understand the nuances in linear networks
- IMAGINE M.App Connect - Allows ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 and higher users to upload spatial recipes to the Smart M.App cloud
- IMAGINE Developer's Toolkit - Modify commercial version or extend capabilities of ERDAS IMAGINE software
- Spatial Modeler SDK - C++ toolkit for building, modifying, and running workflows on geospatial data
- GeoMedia Objects - GIS and cartographic functions for building GIS solutions based on GeoMedia platform
- GeoMedia Smart Client and Workflow Manager - Build highly-constrained, map-based workflows for the office or the field
- Mobile SDK - Create and manage geospatial data and asset information in real-time in the field
- API Console - Experiment with M.App Foundation APIs
- Hexagon Geospatial U Community – Online community where tutorials, presentations, and example data are available to university educators for geospatial technology curriculum and academic research projects
Smart M.App Research Grant
The Smart M.App Research Grant is available through the M.App Exchange as an individual-use subscription to anyone in academia with an active .edu email address. It includes an annual subscription to everything in Smart M.Apps for EDU program at an education subscription rate of $100 per year. Request more information on the Smart M.Apps for EDU program.
Training Curriculum Grant Program 2019
Universities participating in any Hexagon Geospatial U Program (including Smart M.Apps) will have an opportunity to compete for four $5,000 grants in 2019 by creating training curriculum. Contact Global Education Manager for information and requirements.