Remote Sensing and GIS for Education Programs
Are your students interested in a career in geospatial sciences? Now, you can provide them with the leading-edge technology they need to hone their analytical skills.
With Hexagon’s desktop-based remote sensing and GIS offerings, students will learn to:
- Process large quantities of raw spatial information
- Unearth insightful information from imagery, terrain, radar and LiDAR data sources
- Create, update and analyze valuable geospatial information
- Deliver dynamic analysis and mapping products
As trusted products used in academia for 40+ years, Hexagon’s desktop software has been helping students gain in-depth knowledge and develop the expertise to solve real-world challenges. A wide variety of organizations across the globe rely on Hexagon technology every day to help them understand the effects of our geography.
With creative and intuitive interfaces, smart workflows and automated technologies, students can apply geospatial science knowledge to a variety of disciplines, from the natural sciences to communications.
Remote Sensing for Education Program
Geographic imaging professionals need to process vast amounts of geospatial data every day. Diverse organizations use ERDAS IMAGINE to leverage their geospatial data investments
- Land and urban planners monitor and support decision making for sustainable urban development in dense urban environments with changes.
- Data producers use photogrammetric tools to streamline the rectification processing workflows, increasing the performances and the accuracy of the information generated.
- Transportation analysts streamline the construction process and monitor infrastructure.
- Defense analysts discover specific activities to support field operations and react to events quickly.
In the Remote Sensing for Education Program, students and instructors will gain hands-on experience in:
- ERDAS IMAGINE Professional - graphical Spatial Model Editor for building and executing re-usable spatial recipes, multispectral image classification, hyperspectral image processing and point cloud tools
- IMAGINE Expansion Pack - includes automated image-to-image coregistration (AutoSync), 3D visualization and analysis (VirtualGIS), wizard-based change detection (DeltaCue), orthorectifying Radar data (OrthoRadar), NITF support, extracting terrain from SAR images and stereo feature collection
- IMAGINE Photogrammetry – analytical triangulation, orthorectify imagery, produce orthomosaics, and generate terrain models, including high resolution point clouds
- IMAGINE DSM Extractor – generate digital surface models using Semi-Global Matching algorithms
- IMAGINE Terrain Editor - edit terrain data draped directly over a stereo image pair
- ERDAS ER Mapper - advanced image processing and compression capabilities geared toward oil, gas, and mineral industries
GIS for Education Program
Making a good map requires powerful analytical tools and clear symbolization. A wide range of organizations manage their geospatial feature and vector data with GeoMedia, a powerful flexible GIS management platform. For example:
- Map production agencies and local, regional and national governments derive valuable information from multiple operations in conjunction with dynamic info on the fly.
- Utility organizations can automate management of their network and infrastructure.
- City officials get insight needed to reduce traffic and car accidents as well as improve 911 response time.
In the GIS for Education Program, students and instructors will gain hands-on experience in:
- GeoMedia Professional - includes grid analysis, data fusion, transaction management, public works management, parcel management
- GeoMedia Transportation Manager - analyze and maintain linear road networks and infrastructure
- GeoMedia Motion Video Analyst Professional - analysis of motion video taken from UAVs and other moving vehicles
- GeoMedia Advanced Collection - includes functionality from GeoMedia Feature Topographer
Classroom licenses are concurrent (shared) and designed for use on-site at universities. You may purchase annual subscriptions or permanent licenses.
Annual subscriptions with a quantity of 5 or more seats also include student licenses for use off-campus and technical support.
For permanent licenses, you must purchase a software maintenance agreement each year to receive annual student licenses for use off-campus and technical support.
Student Licenses for Use Off-Campus
Hexagon offers universities the ability to distribute licenses to their students for use off-campus. These student licenses are nodelocked and for use only on students’ personal computers. These licenses can be used at home when working remotely.
With the purchase of 5 or more seats in the annual subscription, the university will receive licenses to administer to its students.
With the purchase of 5 or more permanent licenses and annual software maintenance agreement, the university will receive licenses to administer to its students.
Students can acquire support from the university or from the Hexagon Geospatial Community. Students can join the Community for free by registering at (link). Students do not receive support directly from Hexagon.
For academics who want to use any of the software packages in the Remote Sensing and GIS for Education Programs for research projects, we offer a single seat annual subscription. Academics can also purchase individual permanent licenses at a discount. Contact us for more information.
Request more information on our Education Programs.
Please contact our business partner GEOSYSTEMS to inquire about an ATCOR license for atmospheric and topographic correction of images.